Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Jesus' Life (As Told By My Kids)

I'm terrible at blogging.  I go in spurts where I'm really into it and stick with it for a while, but then I fizzle out  (I've realized that's been my pattern with a lot of things recently).  I've been wanting to start blogging again, but being the perfectionist that I tend to be, I wanted to have something really good to write about.  The following happened yesterday morning, in the span of about 5 minutes...

Jesus' Life
Starring Dominic (as the Angel Gabriel, Joseph, and a Soldier) and Jessalyn (as Mary), with a special guest Fulton (as Baby Jesus, in Act 3) -

Act One:  The Annunciation
     Dominic (carrying a sword, wearing Jessalyn's fairy wings):  "I am the Angel Gabriel.  I have a message from God for Mary - you are going to be Jesus' mother!"
     Jessalyn (wearing a blanket draped over her head and of course her new favorite rain boots):  "Oh boy!  I like Jesus!"


Act Two: (Shortly after) Jesus' Birth
     Dominic (wearing a towel draped over his head, secured with a chip clip):  "I have to find the perfect gift for my wife's baby!  My wife Mary just had Baby Jesus and he needs a present!"
     Jessalyn (still wearing her blanket, now carrying a baby wadded up in a blanket): "Husband, where is my Baby Jesus' present?!"
     Dominic: "I'm looking, but the shepherds are supposed to bring something too!"



Act Three: The Foretelling of Jesus' Death
     Dominic (once again wielding a sword, this time accompanied by a shield): "I'm a soldier and I'm going to help kill your Son, Jesus.  I don't want to do it, but that's what the other soldier guy told me to do and I have to obey my orders."
     Jessalyn: "Don't kill my Son!  I will be sad and probly cry!"



The End

Hopefully I'll put aside my perfection issues (with more than just blogging) and post more often.  We'll see how that goes...

   

No comments:

Post a Comment